Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bibliocommons

I'm so crabby, crabby, crabby! I absolutely see the advantages of the the new catalog overlay, but it's like exercise for health- I know it's good, but I just don't have the energy.

So far, here are some great things I see:
*Search results seem more intuitive.
*I see all forms of a title up front (hardback, paperback, large print, etc.)
*It's pretty!
*I get great info from other users- especially those who seem to have tastes similar to mine.

Negatives?
*It seems to take too many "clicks" to find out if the item should be on the shelf in my location.
*Where are the summaries? Info seems incomplete. I realize it's a work in progress.

I'll come around. I can certainly give it a very positive spin when introducing patrons to it. I'm just crabby.

Now, get out of my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment